Saturday, April 16, 2011

Jaguar and Mazda



Ok, so when I saw the Bertone concept for a small Jaguar sedan, I thought it was an awesome way to modernize the XJ sedan design that ran from 1968 to 2009. It seems Jaguar would have to backtrack or jump on the retro bandwagon (again - hello X-type!) in order to build it, but I would LOVE to see it make production. Apparently it is not.

The other day I came across the Mazda 929 from 1992-95 and thought it reminded me of something. A little bit of thinking and I put it together. It reminded me of the Bertone concept!! Especially when you see pictures of purple ones. (Purple, the avocado green of the 90's!!!)


No, they're not carbon copies of each other. The Jag being a concept is still ways from a production version (smaller wheels, larger tail lights, taller roof...), and the Mazda is nearly 20 years older (old style door handles, more pronounced bumpers...), but I see a lot of similarities in the way the lines flow. I would happily drive either one.

No comments:

Post a Comment